Sunday, October 24, 2010

More Wreaths!


I found this link on creating ribbon wreaths, and I wanted to share the outcome with you! It is a fairly simple project, just a little time consuming. You can do it bit by bit when you have time!
Supplies:
ribbon of your choosing (I tried it with wire the first time, and it flattened fairly quickly. I really like how this archival ribbon turned out).
scissors
sequin pins
styrofoam wreath (choose whatever size you would like. I used an 8 inch wreath for the wreath in the picture, but it looks great on a 10 inch wreath as well).
Directions:
1. Cut the ribbon into three inch sections. At first I measured them, but when I got used to the size, I just eyeballed it and it worked out well.
2. You can work on one color at a time, or you can do all of them at once. I liked working on them one at a time so that I could get an even coverage.
3. To attach the ribbon, form a circle around your finger, and then stick the pin through the overcrossed pieces of ribbon. Stick into the wreath.
4. Repeat until filled to your liking.
See? Super easy! This wreath took me about three hours, but that included pulling apart the wreath I had made with the wired ribbon, and cutting out all of the ribbon and fastening it to the wreath. This is a project that you could easily set aside and work on when you have a spare moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment