Saturday, October 16, 2010

Christmas Presents 2010: Wreath


I love to create wreaths. It is one of my favorite things to do for Christmas. After a bracelet design failed for my Grandma, I decided that I would create her a wreath instead. I was inspired by the pinecones that had fallen in the park behind out house, and went on a hunt this morning for them. After a quick soak in a sink full of hot water and a cup of vinegar, the cones went onto a pizza pan covered in tinfoil and into a 200 degree oven anywhere from 1-6 hours until they opened up.
I was originally going to use think link from Martha Stewart to create my wreath, but I found a tip to use hot glue on a grapevine wreath instead of wiring each pinecone on individually. Since my mother-in-law had given me a hot glue gun a few months ago, I thought that sounded like a much better idea than wiring the pinecones on individually, so I broke out the hot glue gun and went at it. I added berries and a bow at the end, along with some Krylon Workable Fixatif.
I love it, and my husband said we should keep it for ourselves! I can't wait to give it to my Grandma, though. She will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment